School library management
Support for school libraries is tailored by the needs of the school and the literacy goals of the headteacher. Schools can subscribe to an annual package of support, including professional library management for a certain number of hours over the academic year.
This can include:
- Assessing the library catalogue and establishing an action plan for ensuring effective usage
- Making recommendations for selecting resources and establishing relationships with the appropriate vendors for the provision of these resources
- Implementing timetables for library use
- Training staff or volunteers on how to manage the daily running
- ...and more. There is scope for offering other areas of professional library management
Research and study skills support
Training for groups and support for individuals is provided in all areas of research and study skills.
This service is tailored to the level and research aims of the group or individuals in topics such as:
- Avoiding plagiarism
- Academic writing standards
- Planning academic essays or research writing
- Effective internet searching for academic work
- Finding and assessing sources for academic writing
Information literacy training
CILIP defines information literacy as
“Information literacy is knowing when and why you need information, where to find it, and how to evaluate, use and communicate it in an ethical manner.”
Bespoke sessions on the various methods for finding, analysing, and using information are available, at any level and for groups as well as individuals.
This support will help students, staff, or employees develop routines to find appropriate information and how to use these in whatever academic or professional purpose.
Why not schedule an appointment to discuss how this type of training can suit your needs?
SPECIALIST LIBRARY MANAGEMENT
If you have a small specialist library or collection that needs professional support at regular intervals, please contact me.
I will assess the management of the collection, offer policies for supporting the best use of the collection, and guidance on ensuring the collection meets the needs of its users.
This support is tailored to your collection and an action plan will be created to bring out the best in your collection.
Please contact me for a meeting to discuss this service.